Due to an enormous amount of rain that has been occurring, a ton of grass and weeds started growing rapidly. As a result I decided to go volunteer at a Garden to help pull out the weeds. It was tiring but I’m trying to level up my leadership skills and involvement on my own free time so it’s totally worth it.
- I was able to work with other people
- I was able to get out of the house for a little bit
- I practiced my communication skills and assertive/leadership skills (even though no one really listens to me it was still fun to make suggestions on better ways to remove excessive dirt off when pulling off the weeds).
- Who knew lifting bags of weeds would be exhausting!
Things I learned
- It’s not good to pile too much grass into a single bag because it will get too heavy and the bag will rip when you try to lift it up. This can be solved by removing some grass out of it and placing it into a different bag.
I think I will try and volunteer more often so I can practice my people skills and assertive communication. It’s better to work with other people then roaming around by myself.