I’m searching online on how to make good travel/adventure videos. I have a go pro and a mirrorless camera but so far I don’t know how to capture good enough footage to share to people yet.
Some tips that I found online that may aid in creating better videos:
- Share a story: Take your time to capture it. How did you get there? Make sure you capture the surroundings and landscapes. Describe the situation and explain to the viewer what is happening.
- Be as creative as an artist: Take advantage of the lighting that is available to you. Sunset, sunrise, in the middle of the day.
- Don’t capture too much: Don’t film too much! And also not everyone likes to be filmed so try to ask first before you film something. Try to film less but make sure it is of good quality.
- People like to see other people : Try and interview a person or two. Ask for their permission and come up with good questions and responses to them. Be bold and be brave!
- Ask them what they think about you filming.
- Ask them questions about their life/culture.
- Capture the Mood : Are you feeling sad, tired, adventurous, or annoyed? Make sure you film that part by using your creativity.
- Entertain : You are the main character of your videos! Try to act a little crazy and out of the ordinary sometimes! Get out of your comfort zone!
*the picture above is from the San Diego County Fair.