I’d like to get stronger too but it’s really hard to lift heavy weights :P. I’d like to share this post from someone:
Would you like to change your life? Become better then you already are?
It’s never too late to start a personal development plan and I would like to share nine things to consider when making a personal development plan
- Write down your goals
- Set up a small amount of time to prioritize how your going to acheive your goals (1 hour a day)
- Come up with a deadline
- Understand what you are good at
- Be open to opportunities and weaknesses that may prevent you from achieving your goals
- Learn new skills as you go
- Take action, just do it!
- Ask people for help
- Write down your achievements. What have you done so far?
- Picture from google
Thank you for reading!
Below you will find three popular exercises that can be performed at the gym. The hardest part about exercising is getting started. Just thinking about going to the gym is hard already. Sometimes you just want to stay home and nap but maybe it’s time to make a change! Don’t you want to change your life :)?
- Barbell bench press
- This exercise will work out your triceps and deltoids pretty well.
- This exercise can be executed with either a close grip or a wide grip
- You can also use two dumbbells instead of the standard barbell.
- Barbell squat
- Your quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes will get really strong when you perform this exercise.
- You can perform squats with either a wide stance or a close stance.
- Keep your back straight when doing this exercise.
- Performing this exercise will improve the muscles in your lowerbody as well as your back.
Thanks for reading and good luck training!
Next time I’ll find some videos on how to properly execute out each routine!
***If you want some more motivation to lift weights, see source #2
2. Picture from http://blog.thegymlifestyle.com/top-100-gym-quotes/
Have you ever been afraid of something before? Fear is a learned behavior and it is implemented through childhood or past experience. Although it is a hard feeling to overcome, it is still possible to get over it. Below I will share 5 ways to help people overcome their fears!
Steps to overcome your fear:
- Stop, take some time to breath in for a few seconds then breath out for a few seconds
- Prepare to feel peaceful
- Imagine yourself at the event that makes you must fearful. And just breath in and out and calm yourself so that you can think clearly.
- Pretend like the event has already happened (giving a speech in public, talking to professors, standing in the dark all by yourself, dead bodies, earthworms, being attacked by ninjas)
- Think differently by not letting the fearful part of your brain take over.
- Identify your fear from a scale of 1-10. Ten means your most scared and one means your not.
- If you are shaking a lot then your probably a 10. If you practice the breathing technique you will become less anxious and shaky
- You can now scale yourself down to a 7 by simply breathing. Keep doing this until it drops down to a lower number.
- Use your imagination
- Keep using your breathing technique.
- As you use your breathing technique imagine yourself doing something else that is comfortable.
- Examples of things to think about : Eating all you can eat korean barbeque, playing video games, becoming a hero as you save a princess from monsters.
- This will calm you down.
- A : ACCEPT YOUR ANXIETY
- W : WATCH AND SCALE IT DOWN
- A : ACT LIKE A NORMAL PERSON. Pretend like nothing is new, like you’ve been in this situation 100 times already.
- R : REPEAT
- E : EXPECT THE BEST. Expect that you are able to control your fears and anxiety.
It will take a lot of efforts and practice to overcome your fears. But if you push yourself to follow these few steps everyday your fear scale should drop significantly!
Thanks for reading!
What are some of your fears and how are you going to overcome it now that you’ve read this article?
For me: heights, ghosts, public speaking , slimy worms and zombies.
If I encounter a ghost, I will practice breathing in and out and then I’ll say hello to it. If it attempts to grab me I’m going to bash my foot right up it’s __ and then run away.
2. Picture from google search
I found an article online about how to learn things faster that I would like to share. I believe that it is tough to learn new things so I decided to share this article to help others learn quicker.
Five Ways to improve your learning skills
- Get in the zone!
- You need to stay focus set the mood to be ready to learn
- You can meditate in silence first before you begin or write down a small plan of what you are going to do and how you are going to accomplish it.
- Practice beyond your ability
- Keep practicing and make mistakes.
- Learn from your mistakes
- Correct your mistakes
- Master one small thing at a time
- Take baby steps to complete one task at a time.
- Find various methods to apply things
- Learn a math problem backwards, think of other situations to answer the questions.
- Practice your study methods in different scenario
- Properly space out your studying or practice.
- So don’t focus too much on one topic, switch topics frequently and rinse and repeat.
Thanks for reading.
Hopefully that helps. It’s really hard to explain these things. Feel free to go to the source link for more information.
This Penguin is cool! I want to share it
To be a good leader you must first learn how to listen. I looked online and found five ways to improve your listening skills!
- Be present and keep away from distractions.
- Try to show that you are paying attention by letting the other person know what else you are doing and that you will pay attention to them as soon you are done with the distraction (Texting, cell phone)
- Put yourself in the speaker’s shoes.
- Try to think like you know what the situation is like for the person speaking. They might be worried, afraid, nervous, joyful, excited, if you can act like the way they are speaking then you can really connect with them.
- Let the speaker know that you really were listening to them by keeping track of the main key points they are saying.
- Let them know that you understand them, and if you don’t understand something be sure to ask them questions to clarify their points.
- Practice active listening.
- Focus on what the person is currently saying instead of figuring out how you are going to respond to them.
- Practice giving feedback
- Show curiosity.
- Act like you are interested in their topic.
- Make it sound like you want to learn more about what they are saying
Here’s a challenge/quest for you to do if you are interested in practicing good listening skills:
- Go ask a friend or classmate how they spent the weekend.
- Pay close attention to their body language, keep note of what they are saying and see if you can be in the same shoes as they are. Repeat some key points of what they are saying. Show curiosity by asking more questions. Record yourself and see how the conversation went!
- Go to a restaurant, ask a stranger how they like whatever it is that they are eating.
- See if you can connect with them and show curiosity! Be sure to record yourself so you can review how the conversation went! Review your conversation and see what you could have done better to improve your listening skills.
- Repeat the steps daily and see how you can improve your skills. Keep note of what you could have said to make the conversation better. Ask yourself, why did the person scolded you or why did they praised you?
Good luck and thanks for reading!
*It helps to do additional research about the topics that the other person is talking about so that you can have an arsenal of ideas to bring up into the conversation.
- *Picture above is from google search images
Today is 7/11/2016.
What does this mean?
This means you can go to 7 11 and ask them what the hip is all about on this special day. If you ask them nicely, they will tell you that you can get a free small sized slurpee for free!
So grab your friends, or go by yourself and stop by 7-11 to grab a sweet smoothie to enjoy for the rest of the day! Be sure to nicely thank the cashier for all their efforts and hard work.
Can you get more then one? Who knows! Feel free to comment :).
Did you know that you can get free stuff on your birthday! Birthdays are suppose to be fun so make sure you make the most out of it when it’s your birthday. Grab some friends to go with you or if you don’t have any friends just go alone and see who wants to talk to you!
I looked up some information about places that give free stuff on birthdays and I would like to share :
- Red Lobster : If you sign up for their rewards club via email you can get a special offer on your birthday.
- Sonny’s BBQ : Sign up for their Q crew and you can get a free meal on your birthday!
- Subway : Sign up for their Subway Fresh Club to receive a free 6 inch sub and a drink on your birthday!
- TGIF : Sign up for their eclub and you can get a free desert on your birthday!
- Toys R Us: If you have a child, sign up for their Rewards R Us and you can receive a gift card every year until he/she turns 10!
- Victoria’s Secret: Sign up for their Angel Card and you will be able to receive a 10$ gift card on your birthday! [What am I going to do with that… :O]
- Friendly’s Icecream : Become a BFF member and you will be able to receive a Happy Ending Sundae on your birthday!
- Denny’s : Bring your ID with proof of your birthday and you will get this:
- Dairy Queen: Become a Blizzard Fan club and you will receive a free Blizzard on your birthday!
- BD’s Mongolian Grill : Become a Club Mongo and you’ll get a free entree!
Thank you for reading!
I posted a link below that lists 90 more places to get free stuff on your birthday!
I wanted to learn how to be fearless so I went online and searched for how to be bold. I found an interesting article that I wanted to share:
- Be free to express your emotions (fear, vulnerability) without faking it.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes
- Do something that someone else wouldn’t think of doing!
- Talk to people more often and connect with them and what they like to do.
- Speak up. Don’t be afraid to say what you think or how you feel about a certain situation. There will be people that will say the opposite of what you think so be ready for that.
- Take action . Once you figure out what you need to do, go ahead and make it happen. Just go for it.
- Feel free to take risks!
- Ask for help: Don’t give up! Look for a mentor. Don’t stop after one rejection or argument. Seek out a fearless mentor to help guide you in your quest.
- Believe in yourself! Write down what you want to achieve and keep track of it
- Pick up new skills along the way
- Don’t be afraid! Stand up tall and stare fear down directly into it’s eye!
- Think positively! Do whatever it takes for you to be successful!
Here’s a challenge!
Challenge yourself each week by carrying out one fearless task. Write down what happened and how other people reacted. Then write down how you could have acted better to achieve your goals. And what you do that made it so well!
- Saying the complete opposite of what everyone else thinks in a group discussion
- Saying hello to a stranger on the street
- Asking people for permission to be photographed for your photography project
- Asking people to be interview on your videos
- Inviting people to hangout